- you don’t have to move your hand too far from the keyboard
- the mouse is never away
- good when using a laptop on your lap, sofa, bed, while traveling – where you don’t have level space for the mouse
- it looks that the actual ring is a strip made of Velcro. So as your finger sweats, Velcro becomes dirty over time… And I don’t think you can detach the Velcro strip and wash it
- people reported (I think at hotukdeals) that the ring doesn’t fit thin fingers
- it has 800dpi resolution and is not sufficient for more advanced mouse operations or high precision
But a real limitation for me: you’d have to disconnect or take the ring down whenever walking out from the laptop. However, there are two wireless alternatives. They are both USB-chargable.
One looks to be the same build but wireless. So I believe that it has the same potential problems with the ring.
The second version uses detachable plastic rings, and
- therefore you can wash/clean the rings, and
- there are three rings in different sizes
Its resolution is 1000dpi. The actual device is a little higher in the front, but that won’t matter if it does its job better 🙂 So I’ve ordered one today. I’ve found following websites :